Ragi Puttu (Finger Millet)
1 cup ragi* (finger millet) flour
1 cup of rice flour
Salt to taste
For the Seasoning
3 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 red chillies
12-14 curry leaves
1/2 coconut, fresh, grated
- Mix and sift the ragi flour and rice flour together into a deep bowl.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of salted water. Mix until it reaches a crumb-like texture. Bring it to puttu* consistency – when the dough is held, it should form a lump. When it is crushed, it should become powdery.
- Sift using a sieve with large holes. Spread the sieved dough over a wet cloth and place the cloth in an idili* streamer. Steam for 10-15 min.
- Heat half of oil in a pan; add the cooked putty. Saute on medium heat for 2-3 min.
- Add the coconut and mix.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil and add the mustard seeds. As they begin to splutter, add the red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning to the fried putty. Stir lightly and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with any gravy.
- If desired, red chilli powder can be added to taste after step 5.
- To make wheat putu, use wheat flour instead of rice flour.
- To make a sweet putty, use normal water instead of salted water in step 2. Add grated coconut, jaggery*, ghee, and cardamom* powder after step 4. Serve plain or with mashed bananas.
If you are from India, don’t forget to check out the list of some best products, Click on the link down below
Now you can support me on my journey by joining me on Patreon. Your support means a lot to me, please click on the Patreon button on and support me.
Thank you so much for reading this post. I am sure you like it and don’t forget to check out other amazing articles. Please follow my blog on Instagram @ourbeautyhealth.comm and don’t forget to comment and subscribe. You can email us at email@example.com