Green Gram Sprout Salad
Sprouted green gram, sometimes also called mung or moong beans, is an excellent source of low-fat protein and fiber. It is also rich in digestive enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
1/2 cup sprouted green gram (moong dal)*, washed, drained
4 dates, seedless, chopped
2 tbsp raisins, chopped
1-2 carrots, peeled, grated
1 tbsp coconut, grated
A dash of olive oil
Honey to taste
Lemon juice to taste
- Mix the sprouts, dates, raisins, carrots, and coconut together in a deep bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, and honey together to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the sprouts mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can use orange or pomegranate juice.
- This green gram salad can be also made in numerous ways. In addition Pineapple pieces, pomegranate, and dried fruit can be added for a sweet salad.
- For a salty salad: cucumber, tomato, raw mango or mint leaves can be also added.